The two layers of geotextiles are joined by a reinforcing system of fibers going through the bentonite layer.
The engineering function of a TerraLine™ GCL is containment as a hydraulic barrier to water, leachate or other liquids and sometimes gases.
Depending on the application and on the geotechnical site conditions, TerraLine™ GCL may be associated to other geosynthetics such as geogrids, woven geotextiles or geocomposite drains to provide robust and durable waterproofing solutions.
TerraLine™ GCL can be used for a variety of applications:
- Landfill lining or capping: containment of leachate in construction of landfills (urban, industrial and special solid waste) and reclamation of exhausted landfill sites or contaminated industrial areas.
- Mining: lining of tailings ponds for heap-leaching mining process.
- Waterproofing: used in reservoirs, hydraulic works, decorative ponds, recreational lakes, open-cut tunnels, underpasses and secondary containment of petroleum storage tanks & building basements.
- Ground water protection: water table protection in transport infrastructures (roads, railways, airports).
- Soil retaining structures: protection of benches in multi – tier retaining and MSE structures.
For the delivery of these products in your territory, you can contact our nearest representative.